TIPS ON CHOOSING A DOMICILIUM ADDRESS
Now that you know what a domicilium address is, here is our advice on choosing an address:
- Choose the address where you are permanently living.
- If you do not have a permanent residence choose your attorney’s or accountant’s business address and ensure it’s marked for the specific attention of your attorney or accountant.
- Include in the contract a fax number or email address to which documents can also be served.
- If you know you will be away or have chosen an address for a property that you are renting out let somebody know that they should inform you of receipt of any document immediately.
- If you have relocated since entering into the contract make sure that you notify all the parties in writing of your new address.